While having a child is one of life's most precious experiences we understand that it may also be a little overwhelming. Rest assured that we will be with you every step of the way, beginning in the hospital just after the birth of your child. If you are choosing a Child Health Associates Physician as your child's primary care doctor, you will simply need to inform the nursery staff upon admission.
Drs. Jaimie Kane and Angela Mancini share the responsibility of visiting each one of our newborn babies and their families while in the hospital. You will be visited each day you are admitted by one of our physicians at which time you will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss your concerns and share your thoughts. Our physicians will also assist you in setting up your first visit with our office before you leave the hospital.
Caring for children can be a very exciting undertaking and being a parent can be one of life’s most satisfying experiences. At Child Health Associates, we listen and care about your concerns.
Our Patients/Parents area is dedicated to addressing, educating and informing parents about some of the common issues and topics that we hear about as pediatricians.
We look forward to many years of providing support to you and your family.
Preparing for your visit
In order to ensure your child's visit is pleasant and handled most efficiently, please review the following suggestions before you arrive:
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early
- Be sure to bring your child's insurance card to every visit
- Be sure to bring a valid drivers license to every visit
- Cash, checks or credit cards (MasterCard & Visa) are acceptable forms of payment. Identification, such as a driver's license, is required if payment is by check.
We ask that you submit a copy of your child's medical records, including a current immunization record and a list of all medications, prior to their first visit. This ensures that their physician has adequate time to review their medical history.
MyChart is our patient portal to assist with facilitating communication, lab results, school/health forms, immunization forms, and bill paying. If you are interested in signing up, please call 508-832-9691 or 508-842-1500.
Preparing your child for the visit
We make every effort to ensure that each visit is an enjoyable experience for everyone. Most importantly, reassure your child before arrival to assist our staff in preventing any stressful situations.
Upon your arrival, you will find that we offer a comfortable and child-friendly waiting area. Books and television are available for your child.
If you would like additional information on which vaccines your child will receive and at which office visit, please visit the American Academy of Pediatrics' Healthy Children site.
- American Academy of Pediatrics' Healthy Children
- The American Academy of Pediatrics is dedicated to attaining optimal physical, mental and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- This site is a great source on information on infectious diseases and immunizations. Also includes travel information and information on bioterrorism.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Provides product recall and safety information.
- Healthy Children
- HealthyChildren.org is the only parenting Web site backed by 60,000 pediatricians and is owned and operated by the American Academy of Pediatrics. This website provides general information related to child health and more specific guidance on parenting issues.
- Healthy Toys
- Searchable database listing amounts of lead, cadmium, PVC, arsenic and mercury found in hundreds of toys.
- National Child Passenger Safety Information
- Provides information on child safety seats from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The American Red Cross of Central Massachusetts
- Search for a CPR class near you.
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylasix Network
- This is a great organization whose mission is to “raise public awareness, to provide advocacy and education, and to advance research on behalf of all those affected by food allergies and anaphylaxis.
We strongly support the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) schedule for vaccination. This schedule was developed after many years of rigorous scientific research. This scientific research provides evidence that vaccines are highly effective and safe. There is no doubt that vaccines prevent disease and save lives.
Vaccination is one of the most important things that we do to promote the health of our patients. We strongly recommend vaccinating your children according the CDC/AAP schedule.
We are happy to answer any questions that you have about vaccines. The following websites are also very helpful resources:
- CDC: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/resources/index.html
- Immunization Action Coalition: www.immunize.org
- Vaccine Education Center: http://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center
Child Health Associates does not provide Travel Vaccines and Medications. These vaccines and medications are specific to where you are travelling, how long you are travelling, urban vs rural accommodations, and possible drug resistance in endemic areas.
To best serve your needs please contact one of the following clinics, as soon as possible, as they typically book several months ahead.
|MetroWest Medical Center
115 Lincoln Street
Framingham, MA 01702
945 Worcester Street
Natick, MA 01760508-650-6208
31 Flagg Drive, Door 14
Framingham, MA 01702508-532-5470
1030 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451781-894-6900
|Southborough Medical of Framingham
761 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01701508-872-1107
Occupational Health Center of Waltham
840 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451781-684-0404
AFC Urgent Care
38 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, MA 01752508-658-0764
|Traveler's Advice & Immunization Center
Massachusetts General Hospital
255 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114
|Children's Hospital Boston
Travel & Geographic Medicine Clinic
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Tufts Medical Center
Traveler's Health Service
260 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111617-636-7010
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Travel Medicine & Immunization Clinic
110 Francis Street, LMOB GB
Boston, MA 02215617-632-7706
|Umass - Northborough Crossing
333 Southwest Cutoff
Northborough, MA 01532
|Partners in Internal Medicine, PC
123 Summer Street, Suite 385
Worcester, MA 01608
|Harrington Preventive Health
100 South Street, Suite 210
Southbridge, MA 01550
|Reliant Medical Group
123 Summer Street, Suite 220
Worcester, MA 01608
|Reliant Medical Group Pharmacy
106 East Main Street
Westborough, MA 01581
|Umass - Memorial Campus
119 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01605
Alpha-Omega Medical Care
111 Elm Street, Suite 201
Worcester, MA 01609508-753-7700
|Umass - University Campus
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
117A Stafford Street
Worcester, MA 01603508-755-4010
Worcester Department of Public Health
25 Meade Street
Worcester, MA 01610508-799-8555
365 Main Street, Suite 103
Worcester, MA 01608508-365-2039