Ellen Feely, LICSW joined Chestnut Hill Pediatrics in August 2023. She is working part time in the office on Mondays and Thursdays.
Ellen received her undergraduate degree from Loyola University in Maryland and holds a Master of Social Work degree from the University of Houston. Her social work career has focused on supporting, empowering and advocating for youth and families, and includes experience in schools, outpatient psychiatry, Early Intervention and the juvenile justice system. She received certification in Advanced Clinical Practice with Children, Youth and Families through Boston College Continuing Education.
Born and raised in the Boston area, Ellen moved to Texas in 2003 to serve for one year at a Houston children's shelter with the AmeriCorps VISTA program. She remained in Houston for over a decade and thoroughly appreciated her time and experience there but, she loves being back home in Massachusetts.
We are so excited to have Ellen as part of our practice and look forward to her working with our patients and their families!
Behavioral health can treat:
- anxiety (separation, school, social, OCD, generalized, panic)
- self-harming and/or suicidal ideation
- eating related disorders/ body image
- substance abuse and/or misuse
- gender identity
- PTSD (or history of a traumatic event(s), bullying)
- ADHD and/or other learning challenges
- frustration intolerance
- peer-related conflict
- difficulty adjusting to transition/change
- behavioral challenges in the home and/or school and/or community
Please reach out to our office or your medical provider for behavioral health resources.