Accepted insurance carriers and payment options
A variety of managed care, Medicare & Medicaid, PPO, HMO and POS insurance plans are accepted. Please contact our office for details.
- Always Health Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Cigna (except local plus)
- Fallon Community Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Mass Health Standard only for secondary payor - Primary for Department of Children and Families
- Multiplan (PHCS) Three River’
- Tufts Health Plan (except Spirit, Select and certain Steward Plans)
- Tufts Together with Boston Children’s ACO
- United Health Care
* Please note, the only Mass Health insurance plan we accept at this time is Tufts Health Together with Boston Children’s ACO*
- It is our policy to make every attempt to schedule your appointments with your personal clinician for continuity of care. We will make attempt to coordinate all visits and needed diagnostic testing/imaging in one visit.
- It is our policy through triage to assess your needs and schedule appointments as needed. Sick visits will be scheduled for the same day in most instances. Re-checks and well child physicals will be scheduled according to the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Depending on availability, routine visits may be scheduled on the same day of request. For more information about Well Child Visits, please visit our Services page.
- Should you be unable to keep your appointment, please call us to reschedule. A fee of $50.00 will be charged for missed appointments that are not cancelled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Missing three appointments without proper notification will result in dismissal from the practice.
- We do our best to accommodate our families and to be on time for all of our appointments. Unfortunately, when patients arrive late, it can affect our entire schedule and impact other families. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen if you are 15 or more minutes late for your appointment. Patients who arrive after that time may need to have their appointments rescheduled to another day or time.
- We will make every attempt to coordinate an interpreter if necessary.
- Learn more about our Team Model.
- Our clinical staff is available during normal office hours for advice on clinical issues. We make every attempt to take the call upon receipt; however, in some instances, we may take a message and return your call by the end of each business day.
- During off-hours, your calls will be answered by our answering service and forwarded to either the health care provider on call or our nurse triage company. You should receive a call back within 30 minutes. In the event that you do not, please call again to make sure your request went through. You should always receive a prompt call back.
- It is our policy that children ages 2 and up come for yearly physicals and infants follow the scheduled visits approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics. For more information about Well Child Visits, please visit our Services page.
- The use of chaperones during a physical exam depends upon the type of physical examination, the provider, patient/family/caregiver, and represents a shared decision between the patient and/or the family/caregiver and the health care provider.
- Any patient requesting a chaperone will have one provided.
- Female patients will be offered a chaperone for breast and genital/pelvic examination (any body part that would otherwise be covered).
- Male patients will be offered a chaperone during a genital examination (any body part that would otherwise be covered).
For our policy on children of separated or divorced parents click on the attached link.
We strongly believe in full immunization for all children in our practice. We do not accept patients who choose not to immunize their children.
Bridgewater Pediatrics follows the immunization guidelines recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). For information about these vaccines, the diseases they protect against, and our typical vaccination schedule, please visit our Immunizations page.