Spiritual support for each person in every season
Spiritual companions to people of all traditions and those with no religious affiliation.
What we do
- conversation and prayers before surgery
- bedside visits during a hospital stay
- support for families during surgery
- confidential listening
- worship leadership within the hospital
- consultation religious or ethical questions
- rituals and sacraments when requested
- care for your spirit during your physical healing
- help you observe your own faith practices in this setting
- pray for hope, healing, comfort and peace
We are available
Chaplains are in the Hospital from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday. During evening hours, chaplains may be paged for emergencies.
Call the page operator at 617-355-6363. Ask for a chaplain to be paged. A nurse can also page for you.
Who we are
We represent the Episcopal, Jewish, Lutheran, Muslim, Roman Catholic, United Methodist, and United Church of Christ traditions. We are not here to "sell our beliefs" but to listen deeply, and to nurture your spirit, courage and hope in a difficult time.
Chaplains at Boston Children's Hospital
|Rev. Ann Haywood-Baxter
||United Methodist Church
Rev. Michele Torres
|Episcopal (Spanish speaking)
|Rabbi Susan Harris
||617-355-7243, Ext. 1916
|Fr. Robert Nee
|Rev. Mary Robinson, Director
Children's peaceful interfaith chapel, located on Farley 1 near the Family Resource Center, is always open. You are welcome to use this quiet space for your own prayer or meditation.
Patients are welcome to use this space for their own prayer or meditation. Prayer requests for a patient or loved one may be left in the chapel's prayer box. A current listing of service times is posted near the chapel door. Rosaries, electric Sabbath candles, prayer rugs and cushions, and scriptures in many languages are available upon request.
A directory of local churches, synagogues and mosques with phone numbers and directions is available in the chapel or online at the Pluralism Project, Harvard University.
Scheduled Worship Times
- Vipassana “Insight “ Meditation, Wednesdays @ 8AM in the Chapel
- Meditation cushions available for your use at all times
- Boston prayer schedule
- Multi-faith chapel (with prayer rugs and Qibla) open at all times for daily prayer
- Please speak with the Muslim chaplain for directions to the closest Friday prayer
- Special events for Ramadan and other holy days
- Services scheduled for special holidays
- Sunday at 11:30 am in the Patient Entertainment Center
- Misales en inglés y español
- Sunday's Mass is broadcast within the hospital on channel 22
- Monday at 11:45 am in the chapel
- Wednesday at 11:45 am in the chapel
- Friday at 11:45 am in the chapel
For more information on our pastoral care services and interfaith chapel hours, please contact us:
Boston Children's Hospital
Farley Building, First Floor, #104
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Rev. Mary Robinson, M.A., M.Div.
Chaplain, Director of Pastoral Care
Farley Building, 1st Floor