Thank you for your interest in joining Boston Children's Volunteer Services! Applications for Winter 2014-2015 will be accepted from September 2nd to September 26th. The winter session is not available for High School Students. Please visit the main page for online registration.
Opportunities at Boston Children's Hospital's Main Campus
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Greet and direct families and patients to appropriate destination.
- Escort families and patients to sites throughout the hospital. Bilingual skills are helpful.
- Assist patients and families at time of discharge.
- Answer phones, assemble packets, file, copy & collate and complete data entry in offices.
- Play with children and siblings in waiting areas, in play areas, in the Emergency Department and at bedsides.
Volunteer placements include:
- In patient care areas
- In offices and departments
- In Main Lobby or throughout the hospital
- Ambulatory Care Areas
- Emergency Department
Patient Family Housing Programs (21 Autumn Street and Kent Street): The Patient Family Housing Program provides affordable accommodations to families. Volunteers assure that families are comfortable and occupied during their stay.
Pawprints: (Boston Campus / weekdays only). Pawprints is Boston Children's therapy dog visitation program. Boston Children’s Hospital volunteers own the dogs. The goal of Pawprints is to provide hospitalized children and their families with a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction. Learn more about Pawprints. For more information, visit our website.
Create afghans, quilts and blankets of all sizes for patients of all ages. During fall and winter months, create mittens and scarves for all ages to be distributed in ambulatory programs. **We are not in need of hats at this time as we are fortunate to have many groups making hats.
Organize picture book drives for Reach Out and Read Program and the Emergency Department. For more information please telephone (617) 355-4690.
Organize magazine drives for clinic waiting areas, Admitting and the Emergency Department
The hospital can only accept brand new books