We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to work on multiple projects in the areas of vascular biology and tissue engineering. Candidate will provide technical support using various techniques including cell culture, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, recombinant DNA techniques, and qPCR. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about research planning, data analysis, and scientific communication as well as techniques for cell and molecular biology, and animal (mouse) research under close guidance.
A two-year minimum commitment is required. Previous Research Assistants at Melero-Martin lab have been co-authors on several papers and went on to highly competitive medical and graduate school programs then after.
• BA/BS or MS in Biology or related field is required.
• Experience with cell culture, laboratory animals, and/or molecular biology is a plus.
• Responsible individual with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit CV, a brief statement of career goals, and contact information of three references to Dr. Melero-Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
A post-doctoral research position is available to study bioengineering approaches to vascularization and tissue regeneration. Work will involve human stem cell culture, biomaterials, molecular biology, and mouse xenograft models.
- PhD, ScD or equivalent degree
- A record of innovative research
- Demonstrated skills in bioengineering and stem cells
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with cell culture and animal models
- Strong interest in regenerative medicine
To apply, please submit cover letter and CV including name and contact information of at least three references to Dr. Melero-Martin (email@example.com). Salary will be commensurate with experience.