College: Boston College
Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine
Residency: Boston Combined Residency Program
Research Mentor: Rachel Rosen, MD, MPH
Awards: Summa Cum Laude, Boston University School of Medicine, 2011; Massachusetts Medical Society Scholar Award, 2011; Stephen R. Preblud Memorial Award for Pediatrics, BUSM, 2010; Alpha Omega Alpha, Boston University School of Medicine, 2010; Albert and Fannie August Scholarship Award, BUSM, 2010; NASPGHAN Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship Award, 2008; Medical Student Summer Research Award, BUSM, 2008, Magna Cum Laude, Boston College, 2005; Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron of Massachusetts, Boston College, 2005; Dean's Scholar, Boston College, 2004
1. Lightdale JR, Mitchell PD, Fredette ME, Mahoney LB, Zgleszewski SE, Scharff L, Fox VL. A Pilot Study of Ketamine versus Midazolam/Fentanyl Sedation in Children Undergoing GI Endoscopy. Int J Pediatr. 2011;2011:623710. Epub 2011 May 16.
2. Lightdale JR, Newburg AR, Mahoney LB, Fredette ME, Fishman LN. Fellow perceptions of training using computer-based endoscopy simulators. Gastrointest Endosc. 2010 Jul;72(1):13-8.
3. Lightdale JR, Valim C, Mahoney LB, Sharon Wong, DiNardo J, Goldmann DA. Agitation during procedural sedation and analgesia in children. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 Jan;49(1):35-42. Epub 2009 Sep 8.
4. Lightdale JR, Mahoney LB, Fredette ME, Valim C, Wong S, DiNardo JA. Nurse reports of adverse events during sedation procedures at a pediatric hospital. J Perianesth Nurs. 2009 Oct;24(5):300-6.
5. Lightdale JR, Valim C, Newburg AR, Mahoney LB, Zgleszewski S, Fox VL. Efficiency of propofol versus midazolam and fentanyl sedation at a pediatric teaching hospital: a prospective study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008 Jun;67(7):1067-75. Epub 2008 Mar 26.
6. Lightdale JR, Mahoney LB, Schwarz SM, Liacouras CA. Methods of sedation in pediatric endoscopy: a survey of NASPGHAN members. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007 Oct;45(4):500-2.
7. Mahoney LB, Lightdale JR. Sedation of the Pediatric and Adolescent Patient for GI Procedures. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2007 Oct;10(5):412-421.
8. Banerjee S, Bishop W, Valim C, Mahoney LB, Lightdale JR. Percutaneous liver biopsy practice patterns among pediatric gastroenterologists in North America. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007 Jul;45(1):84-9.
9. Mahoney LB, Denny CA, Seyfried TN. Caloric restriction in C57BL/6J mice mimics therapeutic fasting in humans. Lipids Health Dis 2006; 5:13.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation First and Second Year Clinical Fellowship Grant
Award Number: MAHONE14B0
Project Period: 7/1/2014 – 6/30/2014