College: Rice University
Graduate School: PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Pennsylvania
Medical School: University of Pennsylvania Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine
Residency: Boston Children's Hospital Combined Residency
Research Mentor: Scott Snapper, MD, PhD
Awards: North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Teaching and Tomorrow Grant 2012; T32 Bacteriology Training Grant 2007-2008, Dr. and Mrs. David M. Mumford Health Professions Leadership Award 2004.
- Tsou, A.M., and J. Zhu. 2012. Quorum sensing regulation of pathogenesis and environmental survival in foodborne Vibrios. In Stress Responses in Foodborne Microorganisms.
- Tsou, A. M., Z. Liu, T. Cai, and J. Zhu. 2011. The VarS/VarA two-componentsystem modulates the activity of the Vibrio cholerae quorum-sensing transcriptional regulator HapR. Microbiology 157:1620-1628.
- Liu, Z., M. Yang, G. L. Peterfreund, A. M. Tsou, N. Selamoglu, F. Daldal, Z. Zhong, B. Kan, and J. Zhu. 2011. Vibrio cholerae anaerobic induction of virulence gene expression is controlled by thiol-based switches of virulence regulator AphB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:810-815.
- Tsou, A. M., and J. Zhu. 2010. Quorum sensing negatively regulates hemolysin transcriptionally and posttranslationally in Vibrio cholerae. Infect Immun 78:461- 467.
- Tsou, A. M., T. Cai, Z. Liu, J. Zhu, and R. V. Kulkarni. 2009. Regulatory targets of quorum sensing in Vibrio cholerae: evidence for two distinct HapR-binding motifs. Nucleic Acids Res 37:2747-2756.
- Chavez, A., A. M. Tsou, and F. B. Johnson. 2009. Telomeres do the (un)twist: helicase actions at chromosome termini. Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:329-340.
- Cai, T., W. Cai, J. Zhang, H. Zheng, A. M. Tsou, L. Xiao, Z. Zhong, and J. Zhu. 2009. Host legume-exuded antimetabolites optimize the symbiotic rhizosphere. Mol Microbiol 73:507-517.
- Tsou, A. M., E. M. Frey, A. Hsiao, Z. Liu, and J. Zhu. 2008. Coordinated regulation of virulence by quorum sensing and motility pathways during the initial stages of Vibrio cholerae infection. Commun Integr Biol 1:42-44.
- Liu, Z., T. Miyashiro, A. Tsou, A. Hsiao, M. Goulian, and J. Zhu. 2008. Mucosal penetration primes Vibrio cholerae for host colonization by repressing quorum sensing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9769-9774.
- Wang, Y., M. R. Spitz, A. M. Tsou, K. Zhang, N. Makan, and X. Wu. 2002. Sulfotransferase (SULT) 1A1 polymorphism as a predisposition factor for lung cancer: a case-control analysis. Lung Cancer 35:137-142.