Abstracts, Poster Presentations and Exhibits Presented at Professional Meetings
- Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN, Brianna Shores,Amanda Baier, MPH The Increasing Cost of Pharmaceutical Expenses: A Five Year Analysis
- Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN, Rachel Borczuk, Lynne Ferrari, MD Integrating Efforts, Improving Outcomes: Pediatric Perioperative Surgical Home Dashboard Expands Thinking and Design Using Health Information Technology
- Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN, Megan Lavoie, Matthew Callahan, BS, David Zurakowski, PhD, Robert Brustowicz, MD Medication Error in a Pediatric Anesthesia Setting: Incidence, Etiologies, and Error Reduction Strategies
Annual Meeting of the American Society of Anesthesiology
- Avirath Purohit, MPH, Daniel Snyder, Amanda Whipple, MPH, Paul R. Hickey, MD, Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN. The Effectiveness of an Internal Adverse Event Report System vs. a Hospital-Wide Report System
- Daniel Snyder, Avirath Purohit, MPH, Amanda Whipple, MPH, Paul R. Hickey, MD, Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN. The Accuracy of Self-Reporting: An Independent Manual Evaluation of Anesthesia-Related Adverse Events
- Izabela Leahy, MS, BSN, RN, Avirath Purohit, MPH, Amanda Whipple, MPH, Antony Gruness, Paul R. Hickey, MD. Integrated Systems for Adverse Event Reporting: Creating a Fair and Just Safety Culture
Principles of Pediatric Anesthesia and Critical Care, Boston, MA
, BS, Koichi Yuki, MD, PhD. Anesthetic Management of Non-Cardiac Surgeries/Procedures For Patients With Congenital Heart Disease
, Koichi Yuki, MD, PhD. Assessment of Perioperative Complications in Pediatric ICU Patients
SPA-AAP Pediatric Anesthesiology, Colorado Springs, CO
- Eric R. Chung, BS, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, David Zurakowski, Ph.D., Robert M. Brustowicz, M.D. A preliminary analysis of outcome indicators and demographics of patients undergoing laparoscopic appendectomy
- Daniel J. Snyder, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, Avi N. Purohit, BS, David Zurakowski, Ph.D., Robert M. Brustowicz M.D. Identifying Factors that Influence Surgical-End-to-Transport Time in ASA Physical Status Classification 3 and 4 Pediatric Patients Undergoing Direct Laryngoscopy and/or Bronchoscopy
- James Liu, BS, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, Avi N. Purohit, BS, David Zurakowski, Ph.D., Robert M. Brustowicz M.D. Surgical End-to-Transport (SET) Time and Anesthetic Management for ASA Classification 1 and 2 Pediatric Patients Undergoing Direct Laryngoscopy and/or Bronchoscopies
- Daniel J. Snyder, Amanda C. Whipple, MPH, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, Robert M. Brustowicz, MD The Hazards of Electronic Data Mining: A Comparison of Data Obtained from Automated Data Abstraction vs. Manual Chart Review
Katherine M. Gardella, BA, Kirsten C. Odegard, MD
, James A. DiNardo, MD, David Faraoni, MD, FCCP Incidence and Predictors for Postoperative Thrombosis in Children with Surgical and Non-Surgical Heart Disease
William N. Stevens, BS
, Joseph P. Cravero, MD,
Sean Sinnott, BA, David Zurakowski, PhD, James A. DiNardo, MD, David Faraoni, MD, FCCP. Efficacy of Cell Salvage in Neonates and Children Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
Ajayi, Bistra Vlasskova, MD. Retrospective Analysis
of the Perioperative Experience of the Autistic Patient Population
SCCM 45th Critical Care Congress, Orlando, FL
Bianca Agustin, David Faraoni, MD, FCCP, Viviane Nasr, MD, Dionne Graham, PhD, Vanessa Young, RN, BA, James DiNardo, MD, Susan Bratton, MD, MPH, Ravi Thiagarajan, MD Variable costs in neonates and children supported with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
Sandra Lee, MS, Koichi Yuki, MD, James DiNardo, MD., Perioperative Complications and Risk Factors Associated with Anesthesia Management for Patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
Benjamin J. Miller, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, David Zurakowski, Ph.D., Robert M. Brustowicz M.D., A Preliminary Analysis of Outcome Indicators and Demographics of Patients Undergoing Circumcision
Hannah Gartner, BA, Izabela C. Leahy MS, BSN, RN, David Zurakowski, Ph.D., Robert M. Brustowicz M.D. Surgical-End-to-Transport (SET) Time and Perioperative Management Pediatric Patients Undergoing Tonsillectomies with or without Adenoidectomies
Michael Hall, MS, Izabela C. Leahy, MS, BSN, RN, Benjamin Miller, James DiNardo, MD. Incidence of Intra and Postoperative Complications Associated with Transesophageal Echocardiograms (TEE) in Pediatric Patients
Boston Children's Hospital Nursing Conference, Boston, MA
Growth of Anesthesia Research Internship Program.
Emily C.Goins, A.R. Basel, Dusica Bajic, MD, PhD.,
Quantitative Immunofluorescent Analysis of Glial Activation in a Rat Periaqueductal Gray: Do Astrocytes Play a Tole in Mediating Prolonged Morphine Effects that Differ with Age?