We value service to the community and find that doing so can be a great opportunity to socialize with fellow PRADA members. Volunteers have the opportunity to explore Boston neighborhoods and learn from those we volunteer with and help serve.
Below, you can see a list of the volunteer events we’ve planned over the past year. These events are not only meant to help our members become more involved in our community but also provide a forum for our members to meet, bond, and develop connections.
Are you interested in helping set up social and volunteering events?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to find out how you can be apart of the Social Volunteerism Committee!
Past Volunteer Events Include:
- Cooking dinners for families of patients through the Patient Family Housing Program Volunteering at local shelters (Pine Street Inn)
- Taking shifts at Saturday’s/Sunday’s Bread soup kitchen
- Cleaning up the Charles River Watershed
- Baking cookies for patients awaiting chemotherapy treatments at the AstraZeneca Hope Lodge
- Volunteering at local shelters (Pine Street Inn)
- Cleaning and organizing toy and clothing donations at Cradles to Crayons
- Providing support for community organizations: o Mission Hill Youth Collaborative to provide event support (Halloween on the Hill) o Boston Natural Areas Network (City Natives Garden – Mattapan community garden cleanup)
- Mission Hill Youth Collaborative to provide event support (Halloween on the Hill)
- Boston Natural Areas Network (City Natives Garden – Mattapan community garden cleanup)
Prada has also collaborated with the Boston Children’s Hospital Young Professionals to co-host the Teddy Bear Poker Run. This fundraising run helped purchase teddy bears for the Martha Eliot Health Center’s Teddy Bear Clinic, where children are taught to give their new teddy bear a physical with the hope that this experience will decrease their apprehension of annual check ups.
The Social Volunteerism Committee also hosts monthly social events ranging from luncheons to restaurant and bowling outings. These events are meant to provide a laid back atmosphere where members can relax, grab a bite to eat, and network with other PRADA members. Those within PRADA come from various educational backgrounds and work in a variety of departments within the hospital, representing a plethora of career experience and goals. We hope these social events provide an environment where our members can learn from one another and advance their own career goals.
Past Social Events Include:
- Wine Tasting at the Museum of Fine Arts
- Holiday dinner at Jillians
- Lunch on the HMS quad
- Pizza Socials
- And more..
Members pose for photo after a fun shift at Cradles to Crayons!
PRADA's Pizza Social brought a lot of new faces!