The Center of Excellence for Pediatric Quality Measurement (CEPQM) at Boston Children's Hospital, led by Drs. Mark Schuster and Sara Toomey, is dedicated to advancing the quality of children’s health care.
CEPQM was created as one of the seven Centers of Excellence initially funded through the national Pediatric Quality Measures Program (PQMP) by the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As a Center of Excellence, our purpose was to increase the portfolio of evidence-based, consensus-approved pediatric quality measures available to public and private payers, providers, and consumers.
We developed the following measures:
• Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Hospital Survey - Child Version (Child HCAHPS)
• 30-day Readmission Measures (Readmissions), All-Condition and Lower Respiratory Infection
• Adolescent Assessment of Preparation for Transition (ADAPT) Survey
• Children with Disabilities Algorithm (CWDA)
• Global Assessment of Pediatric Patient Safety (GAPPS) Trigger Tool
To learn more, see Leadership and Measures.
Please contact us with questions and comments at CEPQM@childrens.harvard.edu.