The Development and Operations Core (DOC) of the Clinical Research Center offers state-of-the-art, integrated project and data management consultation and collaboration to all researchers throughout Children's Hospital. The DOC interacts with the Design and Analysis Core of the CRC; particularly on study design, randomization, database design and data programming requirements; and with the DAC Core to provide comprehensive support for clinical research involving surveys; and with the CRC Education Core to plan and deliver a variety of educational initiatives for investigators and their staff in the areas of project and data management best practices.
In support of the overall mission of the Clinical Research Center, the Development and Operations Core mission is to promote excellence in clinical research practice and data quality through guidance and direct staff services to CHB investigators on project management and data management.
Scientific Collaboration and Consultation:To partner with CHB clinical investigators to plan, implement,and manage clinical investigations, and to provide organizational, operational and technical guidance and support to implement clinical investigations in compliance with clinical research best practices.
- Education and Training:To lead and participate in the Clinical Research Center educational activities offered to members of the CHB clinical research community, including structured courses, one-on-one training and mentoring.
- Knowledge and Expertise: To advance CHB research community knowledge of regulatory requirements and operational best practice standards for clinical research pertaining to project management, database security and data management.
- Research:To contribute to the expanding field of clinical research best practices methods specifically in the area of project and data management, data collection instrument development, research staff training and certification, and quality assurance planning.
- Integration: To broaden awareness of Clinical Research Center services in the CHB investigator community.
- Growth: To enhance the capabilities and quality of DOC consultative services. To increase the technical capabilities and quality of DC project and data management services overall.
skills and advance their careers, while fulfilling the mission of the program.
Resources for Investigators
Clinical Research Database and Web Survey Technologies
Case Report Form Checklist
REDCap Database Checklist