The Design and Analysis Core (DAC) of the Clinical Research Center at Boston Children's Hospital provides integral support for and participation in all aspects of clinical research through collaboration and service, theory and application, and expert advice. It interacts with the data management, study operations, survey research, and education components of the Center to provide integrated and comprehensive support for clinical research in the institution.
In support of the overall mission of the Clinical Research Center, the Design and Analysis Core consists of experts in the fields of biostatistics, survey methodology, and health economics committed to promoting excellence in clinical research. The mission of our Core is to provide our institution with methodological resources, scientific leadership, and expertise in the design and conduct of clinical research.
Scientific Leadership and Research:
- to be academic and scientific experts and leaders;
- to advance our fields of biostatistics, survey methodology, and health economics;
- to follow and set the practice standards for our fields;
- to develop novel approaches to applied methodology;
- to publish and disseminate our work locally, nationally, and internationally.
Education and Training:
- to educate the clinical research community through Center courses, lectures, and seminars;
- to raise awareness of biostatistics, survey methodology, and health economics;
- to recognize, encourage, and support promising early investigators.
Scientific Collaboration, Consultation, and Integration:
- to promote outstanding clinical research through consultation and collaboration;
- to represent a visible and valued source of expertise within the institution;
- to encourage and establish ongoing and enduring scientific partnerships,
- to integrate methodology and medicine at the earliest stages of clinical research;
Growth and Professional Development:
- to expect continual professional development and academic advancement of all Core members;
- to raise our academic stature through exceptional service to the institution;
- to increase the number and support of our faculty and staff