For Patients and Families
The Center for Families at Boston Children's Hospital
- Family Education and Resource Program - Develops comprehensive patient education information sheets, resource packets and provides links to community services for families.
- Family to Family Program - Offers families support by connecting them with trained, experienced volunteer families whose children have similar needs.
- Lactation Support Program - Provides breastfeeding support and education; works with mothers to prevent and manage breastfeeding problems; and assists mothers by renting breast pumps and equipment.
- Call Center - Facilitates communication between community-based physicians and Children's physicians to ensure that patients receive high-quality, coordinated care, information and access to services. Staffed between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at 1-800-355-7944.
- Patient Family Advisory Council - In existence since 1982, the Patient Family Advisory Council develops ways of enhancing the practice of family-centered care by increasing family input into hospital programming & policy design. For more information or to request a copy of Children's plan to meet new DPH regulations that mandate the existence of a Patient Family Advisory Council in all hospitals, contact the Center for Families at 617-355-6279.
- PawPrints Therapy Dog Visitation Program - Provides visits to eligible patients and their families from one of the hospital's therapy dogs. The goal of PawPrints is to provide hospitalized children and their families with a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction.
- CarePages Patient Websites - Provides an easy-to-create web page for your child who is hospitalized to help keep family and friends updated and in touch.
- Teen Advisory Committee - A Collaborative program facilitated by staff from multiple departments. Teens propose ideas and work on projects that will enhance the quality/quantity of programs effecting adolescent patients.To learn more about The Center for Families and our programs:
Please call 617-355-6279 , email or stop by Farley Room 111.