For Patients and Families
To help you stay connected with your life beyond the hospital, Boston Children's Hospital has high-speed Internet access in every inpatient public area in the main hospital building. Children in the hospital can easily stay in touch with friends, relatives and their teachers.
Recently, we also added free Wifi enabled areas throughout the hospital including:
- inpatient public areas
- outpatient waiting areas
- main cafeteria
- Center for Families
- Patient Entertainment Center
The Patient & Family Wireless Hotspots include a content filter with a blocking profile, which prevents access to offensive and illegal websites.
Computers are not provided by the hospital, but patients or families who bring their own laptop computer can connect to the Internet free of charge. If you do not have your own computer, computers and Internet services are available:
- for patients in the resource or activity room located on each inpatient unit of the main hospital
for parents in the Center for Families
- Children's Patient & Family Wireless Hotspots are intended for the exclusive use of Children's patients, family members, employees and visitors with legitimate hospital business.
- Boston Children's Hospital is not responsible for any hardware or software issues that may arise while using a Patient & Family Wireless Hotspot.
- By accessing a Children's Patient & Family Wireless Hotspot, you assume all risk and responsibility for using this system.
- Children's Patient & Family Wireless Hotspot is not intended to create a secure environment during public use. Because this is an open public network, we recommend that subscribers use personal antivirus, firewall and virtual private network (VPN) software on their devices if security is a concern.
Where can I access a Patient & Family Wireless Hotspot?
There are WiFi enabled areas for patients and families in the inpatient and outpatient areas, the main cafeteria, the Center for Families, and the Patient Entertainment Center.
What if the signal is weak in the location where I'm working?
Although WiFi is enabled in many areas around the Hospital, the signal may be stronger in some locations. For example, you may need to move away from the windows where the signal may be weaker.
Will my connection time out after a few minutes of inactivity?
The system times out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Is this network secure?
Because this is an open public network, we recommend that you use personal antivirus, firewall and virtual private network (VPN) software on your device if security is a concern.