An online second opinion from Boston Children’s costs $650. All of the following comprehensive services are included in the $650 fee:
- access to a personal Care Coordinator and Staff Physician from Grand Rounds
- collection, digitization and distribution of your medical records by Grand Rounds
- medical review by a world-renowned Boston Children's expert physician
- any necessary reviews by specialists in radiology and/or pathology
- a written opinion from that expert specialist (see example)
- post-opinion follow-up for additional questions and referrals
Payment is due when your second opinion request is submitted. All major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover) are accepted. You may also use your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to cover the cost of the service. Currently, most health plans do not cover online second opinions or consultations, so patients are responsible for the cost of the consultation. Boston Children's Hospital will not file a claim with your insurance carrier, nor can we provide a procedure (CPT) code for this Online Second Opinion service. We are happy to assist with any questions regarding this process.
Start your online second opinion now.