The Center for Families is dedicated to supporting families through their experience at Boston Children's Hospital. All patients, families and professionals are welcome to benefit from the services provided by the Center.
The Center for Families offers a friendly and comfortable place for patients and families to:
Learn even more by downloading our brochure here.
- Find information on a patient's condition, illness and treatment
- Learn about hospital and community resources
- Relax, rent a movie or play with patient siblings in an activity space
- Use family computers to email, word process and search the Internet and use phone chargers
- Borrow books from the library on topics such as medical conditions, child development, parenting and sibling issues
- Gain access to a shower or get directions to the hospital laundry facilities
- Receive help with navigating the hospital and surrounding area as well as Boston (banks, notary, area attractions, etc.)
- Set-up a web page for a patient to keep friends and relatives updated and in touch with a patient and patient family
From before patient families arrive to after they go home, the Center for Families is available to answer questions, provide resources and help guide patient families during their time at the hospital.
We are located on the first floor of the Farley Building (room 111), by the entrance to the Prouty Garden.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Closed on Sunday
Generous donors are helping to support our families here at Children’s. You can be a part of this effort by making a gift online by clicking here. Your contribution of any amount will help. If you would like more information about giving opportunities, please contact Kate Renaud at Kate_Renaud@chtrust.org; 857-218-3183.
Accommodations - This program encompasses the Patient Family Housing Program and the ICU Sleep Spaces. The Patient Family Housing Program provides affordable accommodations for up to 35 families and the ICU Sleep Spaces provides free accommodations for up to 26 parents with a child receiving treatment on an intensive care unit.
Call Center - Facilitates communication between community-based physicians and Children's physicians to ensure that patients receive high-quality, coordinated care, information and access to services. Staffed between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at 1-800-355-7944.
Family Partnerships - This program encompasses the Family Advisory Council, the Family to Family Program, the Teen Advisory Committee. Family Advisory Council members partner with staff and clinicians on to provide a parent perspective on anything from policy changes to building renovations to clinical care. The Family to Family Program is a mentoring, peer-support program which includes both outpatient phone calls and bedside visits. The Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is comprised of teens and young adults between 14 and 21 who are patients or former patients of the hospital. The committee voices their thoughts and concerns, develops and practices self-advocacy skills and works towards making the hospital a better place for all young adults.
Lactation Support Program - Provides expectant and nursing mothers breastfeeding assessment, evaluation, education and support.
Pawprints Program - Provides patients and their families with a visit from a dog, providing a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction.