The Hale Family Center for Families is dedicated to supporting families through their experience at Boston Children's Hospital. All patients and families are welcome to benefit from the services provided by the Hale Family Center for Families (listed below).
You can also find them in our brochure by clicking here.
From before patient families arrive to after they go home, the Hale Family Center for Families is available to answer questions, provide resources and help guide families during their time at the hospital.
Located next to the main lobby between Au Bon Pain and the interactive wall.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Closed on Sunday and Major Holidays
Generous donors are helping to support our families here at Boston Children’s. You can be a part of this effort by making a gift online by clicking here. Your contribution of any amount will help. If you would like more information about giving opportunities, please contact Jennifer Swanson at 857-218-3224.
- Accommodations - This program encompasses the Patient Family Housing Program and the ICU Sleep Spaces.
- Call Center - Facilitates communication between community-based physicians and Boston Children's physicians to ensure that patients receive high-quality, coordinated care, information and access to services. Staffed from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday at 1-800-355-7944.
- Activity Space and Library - Houses and lends books on medical and developmental topics to families of inpatient children and staff as well as children's, teen and adult books, videos and games.
- Clothing Closet - Houses donated supplies for patients and families with a clinical referral.
- Computer, Print/Copy/Fax/Scan, Video Phone & Phone Charging Station - Houses Internet accessible computers for relaxation, work and the creation of Care Pages. Charges a variety of types of phones and houses a video phone.
- Family Partnerships - This program encompasses the Family Advisory Council, the Family to Family Program, the Teen Advisory Committee.
- Lactation Support Program - Provides expectant and nursing mothers breastfeeding assessment, evaluation, education and support. Services are available for both families and staff. Breast pump rentals are also available.
- Parking Program - Provides parking assistance for income eligible inpatient families. For other parking assistance options, please visit the Parking website.
- Pawprints Program - Offers patients and families a visit from a dog, providing a healthy diversion from hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction.
- Playground - Rents basketballs to patient families and provides directions to playgrounds within Boston Children's walls and in the surrounding communities.
- Multicultural Services - Provides information and resources to non-native English speaking patient families in an organized, efficient and culturally competent manner.
- Education Fair - A free event where 30+ colleges, universities, trade schools and GED programs from across New England present information regarding programs, online courses, services, scholarships and financial aid.
- Adopt a Family
- Craft Fair - An all-day event for patient families and staff featuring a marketplace of unique gifts from more than 40 vendors, including handbags, quilts, stained glass, jewelry, holiday decorations, greeting cards and much more.
- Keeping Connections - An annual bereavement conference for families.
- Memorial Service - An annual memorial service to remember patients.