#1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
MyPatients provides referring primary care providers with secure access to their patients’ information.
Boston Children's has launched the world's 1st program dedicated to offering hand transplants to children who qualify.
Innovation insider is a semi-monthly e-newsletter analyzes innovations at Boston Children’s, other academic medical centers and from industry.
Read the latest blog by a Boston Children's doctor, clinician or staff member.
There are many ways you can help children and their families get the care they need.
Boston Children’s Orthopedic Center has a long history of innovation and is home to many firsts in orthopedic treatment.
• extensive experience treating all types of scoliosis and spinal disorders
• pioneers in the adoption of the VEPTR (vertical expandable prosthetic
titanium rib) and MAGEC (MAGnetic Expansion Control system) procedures
• leading national initiatives to lessen the risk of perioperative spinal infections
• new low-dose imaging systems:
- EOS x-ray system lessens radiation risk with spinal screening
and care follow up for scoliosis
- arm facilitates navigation and evaluation of pedicle screw
placement for spinal operative stabilization.
• international leader in hip preservation surgery
• performed over 1,200 periacetabular osteotomies
• collaborated in the development of the dGMERIC MRI scan evaluation of hip joint cartilage and its use in
indications for hip preservation surgery
• leading pediatric, adolescent and young adult center for hip arthroscopy surgery (in collaboration with
• largest in the United States
• provides expertise in advanced techniques of care for complex congenital anomalies, fractures, neurovascular and
soft-tissue injuries to the hand and upper extremity
• leaders of a national multi-center research study in brachial plexus birth palsy.
• pioneers in the development of growth-plate sparing ACL surgeries for young athletes
• leaders of landmark basic science research on ACL repair that has progressed to clinical trial
• founders of the first pediatric sports medicine clinic in the nation and leaders in research-based sports injury
prevention with 40,000 patient visits every year
• one of the first centers in the nation to use adjuvant chemotherapy and perform limb salvage surgery for
patients with osteosarcoma
• the oldest and largest comprehensive center for the care of spina bifida
• Orthopedic Clinical Effectiveness Research Center translates science into care and improves the quality of life
of children with musculoskeletal disorders. The Center includes a Quality Safety and Value research team actively
involved in Standardized Clinical Assessment and Management Plans (SCAMPs) and Time-Driven Activity-Based
Costing (TDABC) work on increasing value and patient safety in our care delivery for fractures, spinal fusions, hip
preservation and sports surgical reconstructions
We are grateful to have been ranked #1 on U.S. News & World Report's list of the best children's hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, an honor we could not have achieved without the patients and families who inspire us to do our very best for them. Thanks to you, Boston Children's is a place where we can write the greatest children's stories ever told.”