Thank you for considering Boston Children’s Hospital.
We are dedicated to partnering with you, and physicians worldwide, to offer best-in-class care to children and young adults. As a coordinated team, we will provide exceptional patient care and a seamless transition between Boston Children’s and your office or local medical facility.
Call us at: 844-BCH-PEDS
Referring to Boston Children’s is seamless:
1. Call us or fill out the form on this page – a Practice Liaison will contact you shortly
2. The Practice Liaison can help identify the appropriate specialist for a second opinion or referral
3. The Practice Liaison will schedule and coordinate all patient appointments
4. If you need assistance with your patient’s pre-approval process, our Insurance and Financial Navigator Service team is available to assist you
5. The Practice Liaison can connect your patients and families with the Center for Families to help with travel and accommodation arrangements
We aim to partner with you in delivering optimal patient outcomes and the best all-around experience for you, your patients, their families and the entire health care team.
Insurance and Financial Navigator Services
We understand that helping your patients navigate their insurance coverage and financial pre-clearance for care can be a complex and time consuming matter. Boston Children’s has a dedicated team of experts in our Patient Financial Services group who are available to help answer your patients’ and families’ questions, as well as to directly assist you in providing guidance on a number of financial questions, such as:
• Is my patient’s insurance accepted by Boston Children’s Hospital?
• Is my patient’s coverage in or out of network?
• Will there be any out-of-pocket costs or high deductibles?
• Can you provide an estimated cost of care to my patient family?
• How can you help me with the referral and prior authorization process?
• If my patient needs to see several specialists, can you help me coordinate the pre-approvals and scheduling?
• What do I do if my patient is uninsured?
Our Patient Financial Services team is happy to assist you with your patients’ and families’ insurance related inquires. Call 844-BCH-PEDS (toll-free 1-844-224-7337) to access this support through a Practice Liaison.
Education and Training
Continuing Medical Education
Boston Children's Hospital is committed to providing high quality continuing education for pediatric providers and specialists throughout the world. As the primary pediatric teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, our more than 800 attending physicians and researchers are on the clinical frontier of effectively understanding and treating many pediatric diseases and disorders.
View our full CME calendar.
SIMPeds: Home of Boston Children’s Hospital Simulator Program
The first hospital-based simulation program at a teaching hospital in New England – designed for busy clinicians. Since 2001, Boston Children’s Hospital Simulator Program has focused on perfecting an inextricable link between preparedness and high quality, high volume pediatric care, as a quality improvement resource, preparation and testing system.
MyPatients Provider Portal
MyPatients at Boston Children’s is an easy-to-use web-based provider portal which allows you to securely access your patient’s information at Boston Children’s Hospital at your convenience. You can view clinical information about your patients, including inpatient admissions, specialty visits, medications, labs, radiology, and other test results, scheduled appointments and more. In addition, once registered, your staff can also access your patients’ records via sponsored access. Note that at this time only PCPs have access to MyPatients.
Click Here for more information or to register for MyPatients.
Boston Children’s Newsletters
Pediatric Dose is a monthly e-newsletter delivering timely and relevant news about clinical services and issues that matter to primary care professionals. Subscribe here.
Learn more about other newsletters from Boston Children’s.
Boston Children’s blog about research and innovation in pediatric and adult medicine. We report and comment on a myriad of topics touching on scientific, business and policy issues. Look for news about “Taking on Tomorrow,” Boston Children’s Global Pediatric Innovation Summit + Awards 2014. Read here.
For additional resources please visit our Health Care Professionals resource center.