Holy Family Hospital Pediatric Health Care Summit 2015
Holy Family Hospital
70 East Street, Methuen MA 01844
Wednesday June 3, 2015 | 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Boston Children's Hospital and Holy Family Hospital present the 2015 Pediatric Health Care Summit at Holy Family Hospital, a community-based continuing medical education (CME) seminar, offered free of charge, to inform pediatric primary care providers of the changing trends in the management of common health concerns among children.
Please join us on Wednesday, June 3, for a half day of presentations and discussions focused on topics that are timely and relevant to pediatric practices.
| 7:30-7:45 a.m.
||Registration and Light Breakfast
Sherrill Davis, MD
Transitioning pediatric patient to adult care
Ahmet Uluer, MD
||Strokes in Children
Michael Rivkin, MD
| 10:15-11:15 a.m.
||Pediatric Orthopedic Emergencies
Benjamin Shore, MD
||Autism in the Older Child
About the Conference
Who Should Attend?
Pediatricians, pediatric nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants and other members of the health care team.
• Discuss why Health Care Transition is important and who are the patients at most risk
• Review Health Care Transition Tools and assess transition readiness among an at risk population (e.g. patients with cystic fibrosis)
• Discuss how to develop a Transitional Care Program at a Pediatric Hospital
• Discuss some approaches used when diagnosing teenagers with ASD
• Review some of the common outcomes for teenagers and adults
• Identify behavioral management strategies for teenagers
• Recognize that stroke occurs in children
• Discuss the common causes of stroke in children
• Review strategies for the rapid evaluation and treatment of children with stroke
• Develop skills in history taking skills and musculoskeletal exam skills
• Gain understanding of the indications and use of diagnostic tools used by pediatric orthopedic surgeons (ultrasound, MRI, joint aspirations)
• Gain an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions in children and adolescents.
Call 617-919-3146 or email email@example.com.
The Continuing Medical Education Committee of Holy Family Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Holy Family Hospitals CME program is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sherrill Davis, MD
Director of Medical Education, Holy Family Hospital