In the last decade, Boston Children's Hospital has provided state-of-the-art medical services, access and accommodations to more than 1,000 patients from more than 100 countries. Our dedicated team serves as your point of entry to the hospital and the United States, and will take care of the details so you can focus on the health of your child.
Become a Patient
At Boston Children's Hospital, we work with you to identify the right doctor for your child; to keep your costs as low as possible; and to take care of any details along the way. We want to make your stay in Boston as easy and worry-free as possible.
By following these 4 steps, you will help to ensure that our team knows as much about your child as possible before your family travels to Boston:
1. Fill out the registration form. We encourage you to involve your doctor so that we can get the quickest and most accurate idea of your child's medical history. show_more_start
2. Submit the registration form by fax to +1-617-730-0627 or email.
3. A case representative will contact you within one business day.
4. We will work with you to find the doctor to best address your child's needs, develop a plan of care, and set up a financial assistance plan for you.
For more information, see our International Patient Resources section.
1. Check visa requirements: Unless you hold a passport from a Visa Waiver Program country, you must obtain a visa to be admitted to the United States for medical care. For specific information by country and online visa applications, visit the U.S. Department of State website.
2. Airplane ticket(s): Boston is home to Logan International Airport, one of the busiest international airports in the world. To find an airline that has routes from your (or a neighboring) country to Boston, Massachusetts, please visit the Massport website.
3. Airport assistance: Once you have made your travel arrangements, please notify International Health Services at least three days prior to your arrival with:
a. Your flight number and airline
b. Time and date of arrival
c. The names of your family members who are traveling with you
d. Any special needs you may have such as wheelchairs or language assistance
4. To request assistance at Logan Airport, please contact International Health Services at +1-617-355-5209 or by email. Requests must be made three days prior to your arrival in the U.S.
5. Accommodations: Boston Children's is located in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, near many affordable hotels and short-term living accommodations. Most hotels provide patients and families with accommodations at a discounted rate, depending on availability (See List of Accommodations).
For assistance, please complete the Hotel Arrangement Form and either fax it to +1-617-730-0627 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Confirm appointment with Boston Children's International Health Services
7. Request an interpreter through International Health Services