For Medical Professionals
Program overview and details
Boston Children's Hospital has a diverse and knowledgeable group of Preceptors. Learn more about them.
- General Pediatrics
- Critical care
- Infectious Diseases
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Emergency Medicine
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Pain Service
- Additional rotations may be available, depending on resident interest.
- Resident research project (List of past residency projects)
- Staffing commitment: The resident is required to work 32 hours a month (which includes every 4th weekend)
- Pharmacy newsletter
- In-services (to Nursing, Physicians, and Pharmacy staff)
- 2 formal ACPE-accredited lectures
- Assist in precepting pharmacy students while on rotation
- Facilitate Therapeutics seminars (Northeastern University)
- Resident Teaching Seminar (state-wide teaching series, certificate upon completion)
Stipend: The resident will be paid a stipend of $48,000 (estimated) with two weeks paid vacation. Enrollment in the residency program qualifies the resident for deferment of most student loan payments during the term of the program.
- Benefits: The resident will be covered under a comprehensive benefits plan in accordance with Boston Children's Hospital policies.
In addition, each pharmacy resident is provided with:
- Office space with computer
- Travel/CE allowance: Eastern States Residency Conference, ASHP Midyear Meeting