Vaginitis refers to any inflammation or infection of the vagina.
- It is a common gynecological problem found in females of all ages.
- Most females will have at least one form at some point in their lives.
What causes vaginitis?
Many things can cause vaginitis, including:
- chemicals in creams or sprays
- clothing can cause vaginitis
- organisms that are passed between sexual partners
In addition, the vaginal environment is influenced by a number of different factors including:
- your child's health
- her personal hygiene
- medications and hormones (particularly estrogen)
- the health of her sexual partner
- her clothing (including tight jeans and synthetic fiber underwear)
A disturbance in any of these factors can trigger vaginitis.