Sensorineural hearing loss is an extremely common type of hearing loss. This type of hearing loss affects the inner ear.
How Children's approaches sensorineural hearing loss:
Our Audiology program will perform the following tests:
Additionally, our team will:
- monitor the hearing loss
- provide counseling to you and your family regarding the hearing loss
- recommend hearing aids and ways to maximize the use of residual hearing
- refer your child for additional language or developmental assessments
- direct you to community resources for educational or financial assistance
- refer your child to Habilitative Audiology to learn about the option of a cochlear implant if your child has a severe to profound hearing loss in both ears
Hearing Loss Experience Journal
The Hearing Loss Experience Journal is a collection of stories, pictures, and personal experiences contributed by children, teens, and young adults who are deaf or hard of hearing and their families. It represents the “collective wisdom” of these families as well as their health care providers. Read the journal here.