Trauma care and injury prevention in children and adolescents are longstanding clinical and research interests for Dr. Lee. Her research has focused on motor vehicle child passenger safety, drowning injuries, and the epidemiology of pediatric injuries. In addition she has conducted research focusing on the management of head, neck, abdominal, and orthopedic trauma. She is the site primary investigator for the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN) studies on traumatic brain injury and intra-abdominal injury. She has been elected as a member of The Society for Pediatric Research.
About Lois Lee
After earning an MD from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 1996, she completed her Masters of Public Health in Quantitative Methods at the Harvard School of Public Health in 2003. In between that time, Lois’ residency took place at Children’s Hospital Philadelphia and she was awarded an NRSA Training Grant in Pediatric Emergency Medicine during her fellowship with Children’s Hospital Boston.
- Lee LK, Fleegler EW, Forbes PW, Olson KL, Mooney DP. The modern paediatric injury pyramid: injuries in Massachusetts children and adolescents. Inj Prev. 2010 Apr; 16(2):123-6. View in: PubMed
- Kimia A, Lee L, Shannon M, Capraro A, Mays D, Johnston P, Hummel D, Shuman M. Holiday ornament-related injuries in children. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009 Dec; 25(12):819-22. View in: PubMed
- Kuppermann N, Holmes JF, Dayan PS, Hoyle JD, Atabaki SM, Holubkov R, Nadel FM, Monroe D, Stanley RM, Borgialli DA, Badawy MK, Schunk JE, Quayle KS, Mahajan P, Lichenstein R, Lillis KA, Tunik MG, Jacobs ES, Callahan JM, Gorelick MH, Glass TF, Lee LK, Bachman MC, Cooper A, Powell EC, Gerardi MJ, Melville KA, Muizelaar JP, Wisner DH, Zuspan SJ, Dean JM, Wootton-Gorges SL. Identification of children at very low risk of clinically-important brain injuries after head trauma: a prospective cohort study. Lancet. 2009 Oct 3; 374(9696):1160-70. View in: PubMed
- Kimia AA, Waltzman ML, Shannon MW, Mays DL, Johnston PR, Hummel D, Ben-Joseph EP, Lee LK. Glass table-related injuries in children. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009 Mar; 25(3):145-9. View in: PubMed
- Lee LK. Surgical Emergencies: Orthopedic, Chest, and Neurosurgical. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Question Review Book. 2009.