#1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
MyPatients provides referring primary care providers with secure access to their patients’ information.
Boston Children's has launched the world's 1st program dedicated to offering hand transplants to children who qualify.
Innovation insider is a semi-monthly e-newsletter analyzes innovations at Boston Children’s, other academic medical centers and from industry.
Read the latest blog by a Boston Children's doctor, clinician or staff member.
There are many ways you can help children and their families get the care they need.
The first step in treating your child is forming an accurate and complete diagnosis.
How does my child’s doctor know if it's an aneurysmal bone cyst?
Your child’s physician might order a number of different tests to determine the exact type of cyst, its size and location. These tests may include:
• a physical exam - including checking the area where the cyst is located
• X-rays to determine the size of the cyst and whether there is a risk of fracture
• magnetic resonance imaging (MR or MRI), which produces detailed images of the bone where the cyst is
located. This imaging scan is used to determine the internal characteristics of the cyst and the specific type of cyst.
• computerized tomography scan (CT or CAT scan), which is used in some cases to get a clearer picture of the
• a biopsy or tissue sample, collected from the cyst through a needle to provide definitive information about the
type of cyst
After we complete all necessary tests, our experts meet to review and discuss what they have learned about your child's condition. Then we will meet with you and your family to discuss the results and outline the best treatment options.
We are grateful to have been ranked #1 on U.S. News & World Report's list of the best children's hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, an honor we could not have achieved without the patients and families who inspire us to do our very best for them. Thanks to you, Boston Children's is a place where we can write the greatest children's stories ever told.”