Adult Congenital Heart Service
Our inpatient service treats, consults, and admits patients to three separate hospitals:
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- BethIsrael Deaconess Medical Center.
The decision regarding which hospital to visit for inpatient care is reevaluated on a regular basis depending on the particular areas of expertise that are needed to best evaluate, diagnose and treat you.
The inpatient team is available 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week and works in conjunction with specialists at each hospital to ensure complete and comprehensive care.
Areas of expertise include:
- aggressive heart failure management
- ongoing care in the cardiac intensive care units
- post-operative care
- cardiac catheterization and innovative interventional cardiology
- diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- peri- and postpartum management in conjunction with high risk obstetricians
Our team collaborates with specialists such as electrophysiologists, cardiac surgeons, oncologists, gastroenterologists, hematologists and nephrologists.
In addition to our medical services, the BACH team provides teaching and education regarding the various congenital heart defects, interventions and management to interns, residents and fellows.