Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndrome Specialty Care
Children treated for MDS may receive care through our Bone Marrow Failure Clinic, Stem Cell Transplantation Program or as inpatients.
Fegan Building, 6th floor
The Fanconi Anemia and Bone Marrow Failure Multidisciplinary Clinic is located on the sixth floor of the Fegan Building at Boston Children's Hospital.
- Enter the hospital through the main entrance and walk up the stairs on your left.
- At top of the stairs, make a left. Go past the ATMs (on your left).
- At the end of the hallway, bear right.
- Follow the hallway to the end and go through the doorway.
- The Fegan elevators will be on your right.
BerthiaumeBuilding, 6 West
Children and adolescents requiring stem cell transplantation, are treated at Boston Children's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through a program named Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center. These two institutions are located in adjacent buildings and are connected by an indoor passage.
Directions to inpatient units at Children's:
- Enter the hospital through the Main Entrance and bear right past the fish tanks to the Main elevators.
- Take the elevators to the sixth floor.
- Directions to outpatient services at Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Clinic:
- Enter the hospital through the Main Entrance and bear right past the fish tanks to the Berthiaume elevators.
Take the P7 or P8 elevator to the fourth floor. You'll see the number clearly marked on the outside of the elevator car.
When you reach the third floor, follow the signs to Dana-Farber. If you already have a patient/family ID card, use it to access the secure passage. If you are a new patient or don't have your ID card, push the security button to gain entrance.