Cardiac Neurodevelopmental Program
Our Cardiac Neurodevelopmental Program evaluates children with heart disease who may be at higher risk for problems with development and learning.
Children who have at least one of the following medical histories or conditions may benefit from evaluation:
- underwent heart surgery within the first year of life
- have been diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS)
- have received support from extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- have received a diagnosis of 22q11 or velo-cardio-facial syndrome
- have undergone, or will undergo, a heart transplant or heart/lung transplant