Martha Eliot Health Center
Child life specialists enhance patients' emotional, social and cognitive growth during an outpatient visit, giving special consideration to each child's family, culture and stage of development.
- Helps patients develop ways to cope with fear, anxiety, separation and adjustment to the healthcare experience
- Provides consultation to the health care team regarding developmental and psychosocial issues
- Provides preparation and individualized support before and after medical procedures
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate play, including medical play, in the exam rooms and waiting room of the pediatric clinic
- Katie Reynolds, Child Life Specialist, Kathryn.Reynolds@childrens.harvard.edu