Case Management Center
As part of our clinical case management services, we:
- Collaborate with patients, families and the health care team to promote comprehensive care for inpatients and timely access to internal health care resources and support services
- Facilitate linkage to on-site liaisons from payers, community health agencies and government agencies
- Provide case management consultation to inpatient clinicians and, on a limited basis, to clinicians in our ambulatory clinics and day surgical programs
Coordinate discharge planning activities for hospitalized and emergency room patients. This begins upon admission and prior to admission, when necessary and possible. To promote quality discharge plans, we:
- Assess services and/or resources that may be needed to support the family's ability to care for the child at home.
- Collaborate with patients, families and clinicians to develop plans for safe and appropriate discharges. This may include conversations with families, clinicians and community providers prior to admission to anticipate needs.
- Coordinate referrals, as appropriate, for community health services, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing facilities.
- Negotiate with insurers and other funding sources for coverage of services, equipment, medications and supplies necessary for post-hospitalization care
- Initiate referrals for available case management services by payer organizations, government agencies and community providers.
- Provide information and referrals for additional community resources through such organizations as Department of Public Health, Early Intervention Programs and other support agencies.