Advanced Fetal Care Center (AFCC)
Boston Children's Hospital and the Advanced Fetal Care Center are committed to cutting-edge clinical research and innovative medicine and surgery. We want to make a difference in your prenatal care, the care of your baby-to-be and the care of generations to come. The goal is to continue to find ways to detect and treat fetal disorders through medical and surgical innovation.
Clinical research studies
Click the following links for descriptions of some of the research currently underway at Boston Children's Hospital and the Advanced Fetal Care Center.
- Genetic Study of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)
- Efficacy of an Omega-3 Enriched Fat Emulsion, Omegaven, in the Prevention of Parenteral Nutrition Induced Liver Injury in Infants
- Evolution of Cerebral Development in Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome
- Maternal immune correlates of protection against congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Use of mesenchymal amniocytes to engineer diaphragms for the treatment of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH); participation anticipated to begin in the spring of 2011
Completed research studies
These studies are completed and no longer seeking participants. Click to read a summary of the goals and findings.
Innovation in care
Innovative surgical and medical treatments are at the heart of Children's and the AFCC.