Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation
CAIR has been in the forefront of clinical research advances in the field, including innovations in nutritional, hormonal and surgical therapy.
Recent studies include:
- Gutierrez IM, Kang, KH, Jaksic, T. Neonatal Short Bowel Syndrome. Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. 2011; 16: 157-163.
- Fitzgibbons SC, Jones BA, Hull MA, Zurakowski D, Duro D, Duggan C, Boctor D, Sigalet D, Jaksic T. The relationship between biopsy proven parenteral nutrition associated liver fibrosis and biochemical cholestasis in children with short bowel syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2010; Jan; 45 (1): 95-99.
- Jones BA, Hull MA, Richardson DS, Zurakowski D, Gura K, Fitzgibbons SC, Duro D, Lo CW, Duggan C, Jaksic T. Efficacy of ethanol locks in reducing central venous catheter infections in pediatric patients with intestinal failure. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. In Press.
- Yang CF, Lee M, Valim C, Hull MA, Zhou J, Jones BA, Gura K, Collier S, Lo C, Duggan C, Jaksic T. Persistent alanine aminotransferase elevations in children with parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2009; 44: 1084–1088.
- Duro D, Duggan C, Valim C, Bechard L, Fitzgibbons S, Jaksic T, Yu YM. Novel intravenous (13)C-methionine breath test as a measure of liver function in children with short bowel syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 2009 Jan; 44(1): 236-40; discussion 240.
- Duro D, Kamin D, Duggan C. Overview of pediatric short bowel syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterol and Nutrition. 2008; 47: S33-S36.
- Modi BP, Langer M, Ching YA, Valim C, Waterford SD, Iglesias J, Duro D, Lo C, Jaksic T, Duggan C. Improved survival in a multidisciplinary short bowel syndrome program. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 2008; 43: 20-24.
- Modi BP, Javid PJ, Jaksic T, Piper H, Langer M, Duggan C, Kamin D, Kim HB; International STEP Data Registry. First report of the international serial transverse enteroplasty data registry: indications, efficacy, and complications. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2007; 204: 365-71.
- Gura KM, Duggan CP, Collier SB, Jennings RW, Folkman J, Bistrian BR, Puder M. Reversal of parenteral-associated liver disease in two infants with short bowel syndrome using parenteral fish oil: implications for future management. Pediatrics, 2006; 118: 197-201.
- Kim HB, Lee PW, Garza J, Duggan C, Fauza D, Jaksic T. Serial transverse enteroplasty for short bowel syndrome: a case report. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 2003; 38:, 881-85.
- Andorsky DJ, Lund DP, Lillehei CW, Jaksic T, Dicanzio J, Richardson DS, Collier SB, Lo C, Duggan C. Nutritional and other postoperative management of neonates with short bowel syndrome correlates with clinical outcomes. The Journal of Pediatrics, 2001; 139: 27-33.