Boston Hemophilia Center
Factor replacement therapy is the basic treatment for people with bleeding or clotting disorders. This is the infusion (injection into the bloodstream) of factor concentrates given to prevent or control bleeding or excess clotting.
- View and download our Factor Program brochure (.pdf)
- Get to know our Factor Program pharmacy staff (.pdf)
We know factor products and supplies are very costly. As a federally designated hemophilia treatment center, the Boston Hemophilia Center negotiates highly competitive rates with commercial insurers and provides discounts to MassHealth.
Proceeds from the Factor Program support such important initiatives as:
- Clinical services
- Data collection to improve care
- Educational programs
- Special projects like the oral history project "The Gift of Experience" and the book The Gift of Experience: Conversations about Hemophilia
- Grants to non-profit organizations that support hemophilia patients and their families