Computed Tomography (CT or CAT Scan)
We perform CT scans at the hospital in Boston and at our satellite clinic in Waltham.
CT scanners at Boston Children's Hospital:
- 64-slice Siemens Sensation multidetector scanner
- 16-slice GE Lightspeed multidetector scanner
- 32-slice GE VCT multidetector scanner in the Emergency Department
- 8-slice NeuroLogica CereTom portable scanner for the Intensive Care Unit and the operating rooms
- PET/CT: combines in a single gantry system both a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and an x-ray Computed Tomography, so that images acquired from both devices can be taken sequentially, in the same session from the patient and combined into a single superposed image. This provides faster imaging time for patients.
CT scanner at Waltham:
- 40-slice Siemens Somatom scanner.