Primary Care Center (CHPCC)
Children's Hospital Primary Care Center is a place where a child's whole health is important. This includes caring for a child's physical health as well as addressing mental health concerns and other needs at home or in the community. The Psychosocial Services team brings compassion, expertise, energy, and commitment to our work in support of families. Our services include:
- Mental health services, assessments, counseling and referrals.
- Parent and care-giver education groups.
- Help with school-related issues.
- Referral information for community services, summer camp and holiday programs
- Crisis intervention and consultation to promote safety at home in the community.
- Advocacy for the needs of children and families
Who we are
We are a team of licensed social workers, a psychologist, psychiatrist, and resource specialist who work in collaboration with medical providers in CHPCC. We also work in consultation with other programs and departments within and outside Children's to help meet the needs of our families (see our Helpful Links).
How to contact us
Many families are referred directly to our team by their primary care provider. We can also be reached by asking the front desk staff in CHPCC to page the social worker on call.
Leaders in Children's Mental Health Campaign
Sandra Fenwick, chief operating officer of Boston Children's Hospital, speaks at a State House ceremony celebrating the passage of the children's mental health bill.