Dental operating room
The Department of Dentistry provides dental rehabilitation services in our state-of-the-art Operating Room (OR).
- Dental Rehabilitation refers to the treatment of dental cavities under general anesthesia in the OR.
- Dental Rehabilitation services should not be confused with Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons treat complex conditions such as temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ), facial traumas, and the removal of infected, malpositioned or impacted teeth.
When is the OR the best option?
There are many reasons why a child might be treated in the operating room instead of in the dental clinic. We frequently treat the following types of patients in the OR:
- Children with a Cleft Lip and Palate or other craniofacial conditions
- Special needs patients
- Healthy children with uncooperative behavior
Children needing extensive dental work