Vision and mission
The Department of Dentistry is a recognized primary oral health care provider and a resource for specialty referrals. In the process of caring for the oral health needs of patients and promoting their oral health, the Department of Dentistry seeks to be the pre-eminent leader in pediatric dental education.
- Provide exceptional oral health care to infants, children, adolescents, and persons with special health care needs
- Promote and advocate optimal oral health.
- Provide the highest quality oral health care
- Enhance the oral health and wellbeing of children and families in our local community
Provide excellence in the education and training of future generations of leaders in pediatric oral health.
Dedicated to achieving excellence in patient care, teaching and research
- Our clinical service aims to provide compassionate and effective care. Our ability to achieve this goal is enhanced through the advancement of scientific knowledge and technological expertise.
- Our teaching program includes students, interns and residents. It is designed to promote understanding of dental medicine, to inspire caring for patients, to teach technical and surgical skill, and to encourage scientific inquisitiveness.
- Our department's research efforts aim to achieve significant scientific discovery while maintaining relevence to dental practice.