Poison Control & Prevention, Regional Center for
Who we are
The Regional Center for Poison Control and Prevention, based at Boston Children's Hospital, provides 24-hour treatment and advice to health care professionals and the public on all types of poisoning.
- The center handles more than 65,000 calls a year, providing information and assistance on a broad range of topics.
We offer seminars on toxicology and poisoning prevention.
When to call 1-800-222-1222
Call this department if your child may have swallowed poisonous material, taken medication incorrectly, ingested household products, been exposed to biologic and chemical substances or suffered a bug bite or sting.
How Children?s can help
Our center provides:
- emergency care and treatment
- follow-up services
- educational resources and materials
- expert consultations for complex poisoning cases
- patient referral resources
- assistance with the location of regional antidotes and unusual lab assays.
Our Toxicology Fellowship Program
The center also manages the Harvard Medical Toxicology Fellowship Program. For more information, please visit the Fellowship Program page.