Pulmonary Nursing Services
Who we are
Here at Children’s Hospital Boston, each of our pulmonary nurses has an extensive background in the care of patients with various lung diseases. In addition to the several nurses in the General Pulmonary and Cystic Fibrosis Programs, our team also includes a nurse who coordinates the lung transplant program and several others who primarily coordinate clinical research trials.
Our pulmonary nurse specialists are available in clinic daily to help you with questions regarding a whole range of issues, including but not limited to:
- medication administration and side effects
- symptoms that require medical attention
- inhaler and nebulizer use
Nursing line (617-355-7018)
We have a nursing line available for any non-emergency health care questions that might come up.
- Our nurses prioritize questions according to urgency/severity, and discuss them with either your child’s pulmonologist or the pulmonary team on call.
- They review messages left on this voicemail service every two hours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and return calls the same day.
- If your matter requires immediate attention, please contact the on-call pulmonary doctor.
Medication refills (617-355-7078)
We have a prescription refill voicemail service for you to use. We review this voice mail daily, and respond within 24 hours. When you leave a message, please make sure to leave specific information including:
- your name
- your child’s name and medical record number
- the prescription question
- the best way to return your call
If your pharmacy has questions about your prescriptions, the pharmacist should be directed to this phone number. For more urgent matters, please contact the doctor on call.