Children’s Hospital Boston is home to one of the world's most accomplished pediatric psychiatry programs. Within our Department of Psychiatry, our Neuropsychology Program helps patients cope with problems of learning, memory, organization and emotional control resulting from brain injuries or neurological disorders.
If your child is living with brain or central nervous system damage or dysfunction, our expert clinicians can help evaluate her symptoms, connect you with other specialists throughout the hospital and work with you—and your child—to devise an effective treatment plan that takes all of your family's needs into consideration.
Our Neuropsychology Program team will work to assess your child's:
- neuropsychological strengths and weaknesses
- cognitive and social-emotional abilities
- emotional and impulse control
- academic skills and reasoning
- sensory abilities and motor skills
In addition, we will help you and your family:
- understand the impact of your child’s medical or neurological disorder on her daily functioning and ongoing development
- develop a plan for supporting your child medically, socially and academically
- cope with your child’s behavioral changes as the result of medical or surgical treatment
- work with your child’s educational team to promote academic and social functioning
- access beneficial school and community resources
By partnering with your family as key members of our treatment team, we can make a comprehensive assessment of your child's individual situation and provide critical tools to help your child lead a happy and fulfilling home, school and social life.