Achievements at UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
During his 17 years at UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Dr. Cohen built both an acclaimed pediatric neurosurgical program and a reputation for excellence in all corners.
He served as chief of Pediatric Neurological Surgery, surgeon-in-chief and holder of the Reinberger Chair in Pediatric Neurological Surgery.
Under his tutelage, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital has built and broadened the following neurosurgical initiatives:
- Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery Center, employing blood conservation techniques, sparing sensitive tissue and significantly decreasing recovery periods for children with brain and spinal cord tumors and related conditions
- Jennifer Ferchill Brain Tumor Center, bringing together expertise in diagnostics, neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neurology and neuropsychology
- Level IV Pediatric Epilepsy Center, providing comprehensive services, including medical and surgical solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric seizure disorders and associated syndromes
- Spasticity Program, offering integrated medical, therapeutic and surgical treatments for patients based on a personalized care plan
- Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, the only center of its kind in Northeast Ohio to specialize in the treatment of injured children suffering from head trauma