The ADVISOR, a collaborative online resource spearheaded by Boston Children's Hospital's Department of Ophthalmology and the Perkins School for the Blind, and supported by a grant from the National Library of Medicine, was established to enhance communication among parents, teachers and doctors. It provides up-to-date information to assist visually impaired children.
We encourage families to visit the ADVISOR web site. In addition, our pediatric ophthalmologists recommend the websites on the right to our patients. Please click on any of the links to the right for more resources.
For information on support services and resources available to Children's patients and their families, link to our Support Services section.
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus
- AAPOS Links
- Aphakia/PHPV Support Group
- Yahoo! Support Groups (in search box, type in area of interest, for example "cataract" or "phpv")
- The National Organization for Albinism & Hypopigmentation
- Information about Deafblindness
- E-Advisor: Assisting the Development of Visually Impaired Students through Online Resources