Cardiomyopathy is a condition that affects the structure and function of the heart muscle. There are several forms of the disease, and each one has a variety of possible causes and symptoms. If your child has been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, it is important that you find a doctor who is experienced and who thoroughly understands your child’s condition.
At Children’s Hospital Boston, we are fortunate to have a number of cardiomyopathy experts who regularly evaluate and care for babies, children and teens with this disease.
Services offered through our Cardiomyopathy Program include:
- advanced diagnostic testing
- individualized medication regimens
- family screening and genetic assessement
- implantable automatic defibrillator placement
- ventricular assist device placement
- surgical evaluation
- heart transplantation