As genomic sequencing gets faster and cheaper, the time is approaching when it will become a part of everyday medicine. But the field has not advanced as quickly in understanding how to apply the insights from genomic sequencing to everyday patient care. CLARITY was designed to answer such questions as:
• What are the best methods to process the massive amounts of data?
• Should the results change how a patient’s care is managed?
• How do we present the information so it’s understandable and useful?
• When should we report unexpected, incidental findings?
• How can we safeguard patient privacy?