EPIC changes continue: records tracking
November 15, the computerized medical records systems at Children’s
are set to join the scheduling system as part of the integrated
software solution known as EPIC.
The changes include:
- Chart Tracking will be used to monitor the movement of medical
records throughout the institution.
- Release of Information Tracking will keep tabs on release-of-information
requests from patient families, insurance companies and other
outside parties. The system will provide staff with quick access
to the status of any request and is fully compliant with HIPAA.
- Deficiency Tracking will track documentation that is not yet
completed, such as discharge summaries and operative notes.
The functionality offered in Epic will:
- Improve the workflow in medical records and should improve other
workflow in clinical areas.
- Be fully integrated with the Cadence scheduling system for more
efficient record request processes.
- Generate lists notifying departments of records they have that
are needed by another patient care area.
- Allow users outside of the Medical Records Department to enter
chart requests directly into the system, eliminating the need
to send paper lists or make phone calls to get charts they need.
in the News:
: Should opposite-sex domestic partners be elegible for benefits?
Pizza for your thoughts?
We’re inviting staff and employees to join
a discussion over pizza and goodies every month.
© 2003 Children's Hospital Boston.
All rights reserved.