Orthopedic Clinical Effectiveness Research Center
Research Focus: Spinal Disorders Program
Improving the Management of Spinal Disorders
Physicians in the Spinal Program are active in several areas of ongoing basic and clinical research based at Boston Children's Hospital and The Harvard Orthopaedics Biomechanics Laboratory. Topics include but are not limited to:
- idiopathic and congenital scoliosis
- spondylolisthesis and spondylolysis
- bone density studies of braced patients.
- in vitro mechanical testing of lumbosacral fixation devices.
- computer assisted strength analysis of vertebral metastases
- Prospective Multi-Center Studies
- Basic Science Studies
- Biomechanical/Instrumentation Studies
- Congenital Spinal Disorders
- Kyphosis Studies
- Scoliosis Studies
- Spondylolisthesis Studies