Lindsay Frazier, MD
|Hospital Title||Assistant in Medicine|
|Academic Title||Associate Professor of Pediatrics|
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Ave, SW350
Boston MA 02214-5450
Lindsay Frazier's research focuses on three main areas:
- Biologic and clinical studies of germ cell tumor etiology and treatment across the pediatric-adolescent-young adult spectrum.
- Prevention policies for both primary and secondary cancer;
- Treatment of germ cell tumors in pediatric patients.
Three cohort studies serve as the basis for this research: Nurses' Health Study I (NHS I), Nurses' Health Study II (NHS II), and the Growing Up Today Study (GUTS).
About Lindsay Frazier
Lindsay Frazier received her MD from Dartmouth Medical School. She completed an internship and residency at Boston Children's Hospital, and fellowship at Children's Hospital/Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- Frazier AL, Grier HE, Green DM. Treatment of endodermal sinus tumor in children using a regimen that lacks bleomycin. Med Pediatr Oncol. 1996 Aug;27(2):69-73.
- Marina N, Chang KW, Malogolowkin M, London WB, Frazier AL, Womer RB, Rescorla F, Billmire DF, Davis MM, Perlman EJ, Giller R, Lauer SJ, Olson TA; Children's Oncology Group. Amifostine does not protect against the ototoxicity of high-dose cisplatin combined with etoposide and bleomycin in pediatric germ-cell tumors: a Children's Oncology Group study. Cancer. 2005 Aug 15;104(4):841-7.
- Marina N, London WB, Frazier AL, Lauer S, Rescorla F, Cushing B, Malogolowkin MH, Castleberry RP, Womer RB, Olson T. Prognostic factors in children with extragonadal malignant germ cell tumors: a pediatric intergroup study. J Clin Oncol. 2006 Jun 1;24(16):2544-8.
- Frazier AL, Rumcheva P, Olson T, Giller R, Cushing B, Cullen J, Marina N, London WB; Children's Oncology Group. Application of the adult international germ cell classification system to pediatric malignant non-seminomatous germ cell tumors: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008 Apr;50(4):746-51.
- West JA, Viswanathan SR, Yabuuchi A, Cunniff K, Takeuchi A, Park IH, Sero JE, Zhu H, Perez-Atayde A, Frazier AL, Surani MA, Daley GQ. A role for Lin28 in primordial germ-cell development and germ-cellmalignancy. Nature. 2009 Aug 13;460(7257):909-13. Epub 2009 Jul 5. PMCID: PMC2729657.
- Ayyanar K, Blackman SC, Chordas C, Frazier L, Kieran MW. Metachronous mediastinal seminoma occurring after intracranial germinoma in an adolescent. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009 Nov;31(11):861-4.
- West JA, Viswanathan SR, Yabuuchi A, Cunniff K, Takeuchi A, Park IH, Sero JE, Zhu H, Perez-Atayde A, Frazier AL, Surani MA, Daley GQ. A role for Lin28 in primordial germ-cell development and germ-cell malignancy. Nature. 2009 Aug 13;460(7257):909-13. Epub 2009 Jul 5. PMCID: PMC2729657.
- Frazier AL, Amatruda J. Pediatric Germ Cell Tumors. In: Nathan and Oski's Hematology of Infancy and Childhood. Seventh Edition. Drs. Stuart H. Orkin, David Ginburg, David G. Nathan, A. Thomas Look, David E. Fisher and Samuel E. Lux, eds. Elsevier; 2009.
- Poynter JN, Hooten AJ, Frazier AL, Ross JA. Associations between variants in KITLG, SPRY4, BAK1, and DMRT1 and pediatric germ cell tumors. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012 Mar;51(3):266-71. doi: 10.1002/gcc.20951. PMC Journal – In Process.
- Salgado C, Neff T, Frazier L, Vargas SO, Vanderveen D. An unusual case of congenital primitive neuroectodermal tumor with ocular metastasis. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2012 Mar;34(2):e69-71. PMC Journal – In Process.
- Schultz KA, Schneider DT, Pashankar F, Ross J, Frazier L. Management of Ovarian and Testicular Sex Cord-stromal Tumors in Children and Adolescents. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2012 May;34 Suppl 2:S55-63. PMC Journal – In Process.
Frazier AL, Colditz GA, Fuchs CS, Kuntz KM. Cost effectiveness of screening for colorectal cancer in the general population. JAMA. 2000;284(15):1954-61..