Amy Billett, MD
|Department||Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology|
|Hospital Title||Associate in Medicine|
|Academic Title||Associate Professor of Pediatrics|
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston MA 02115
Amy Billet's clinical research focuses on childhood lymphoma. She is a member of a small national consortium dedicated to improving the long-term outcome for children with Hodgkin disease. She is on the faculty of a national quality improvement collaborative focused on reducing catheter-associated blood-stream infections in pediatric hematology/oncology patients. She has had a long term involvement in electronic health record implementation to improve patient safety. She is co-principal investigator of several ongoing patient safety studies.
About Amy Billett
Dr. Billett received her MD from Harvard Medical School. She completed a residency in pediatrics at the University of Washington Hospitals and a fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology at Boston Children's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Donaldson SS, Hudson MM, Lamborn KR, Link MP, Kun L, Billett AL, Marcus KC, Hurwitz CA, Young JA, Tarbell NJ, Weinstein HJ. VAMP and low-dose, involved-field radiation for children and adolescents with favorable, early-stage Hodgkin's disease: results of a prospective clinical trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2002; 20: 3081-3087.
- LeClerc JM, Billett AL, Gelber RD, Dalton V, Tarbell N, Lipton JM, Barr R, Clavell LA, Asselin B, Hurwitz C, Schorin M, Lipshultz SE, Declerck L, Silverman LB, Cohen HJ, Sallan SE. Treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of Dana-Farber ALL Consortium Protocol 87-01. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2002; 20: 237-246.
- Carpentieri SC, Waber DP, Scott RM, Goumnerova LC, Kieran MW, Cohen LE, Kim F, Billett AL, Tarbell NJ, Pomeroy SL. Memory deficits among children with craniopharyngiomas. Neurosurgery 2001; 49: 1053-1057; discussion 1057-1058.
- Marino B, Branowicki P, Bennett J, Houlahan K, O’Neill J, Dwyer J, Billett AL. Evaluating process changes in a pediatric hospital medication system. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA. Outcomes Management for Nursing Practice 2002 6(1): 10-5; quiz 16,15.
- Hudson MM, Krasin M, Link MP, Donaldson SS, Billups C, Merchant TE, Kun L, Billett AL, Kaste S, Tarbell NJ, Howard S, Friedmann AM, Hurwitz CA, Young JA, Marcus KJ, Rai S, Cowan T, Weinstein HJ. Risk-adapted combined modality therapy with VAMP/COP and response-based, involved-field radiation for unfavorable pediatric Hodgkin's disease. J Clin Oncol 2004; 22(22): 4541-4550.
- Dinning C, Branowicki P, O’Neill JB, Marino BL, Billett AL. Chemotherapy error reduction: a multidisciplinary approach to create templated order sets. J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2005 Jan-Feb;22(1):20-30
- Donaldson SS, Link MP, Weinstein HJ, Rai, SN, Brain S, Billett AL, Hurwitz CA, Krasin M, Kun LE, Marcus KJ, Tarbell NJ, Young JA, Hudson MM. Final Results of a Prospective Clinical Trial with VAMP and Low-Dose Involved-Field Radiation for Children with Low-Risk Hodgkin’s Disease. JCO. 2007 Jan 20;25(3):332-7
- Berde C, Collins JJ, Billett AL. Symptom management in supportive care. In: Pizzo PA & Poplack DC, eds. Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology, 4th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA 2002: 1301-1332.
- Ullrich C, Berde C, Billett AL. Pain management and supportive care in pediatric cancer patients. In: Orkin S, Look A and Fisher D, eds. Nathan and Oski’s Oncology of Infancy and Childhood. Elsevier. Philadelphia, PA 2009: 1203-1253.
- Billett AL, Kesselheim J. Oncologic Emergencies. In: Fleisher GR & Ludgwig S, eds. Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 6th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA 2010: 1033-1066.
- Weingart S, Szabatura A, Duncombe D, Kadish S, Billett AL, Bartel S. Oncology:The Patient’s Family Speaks Up. In: Wu A, ed. The Value of Close Calls in Improving Patient Safety: Learning How to Avoid and Mitigate Patient Harm, Joint Commission Resources, Oak Brook ,IL 2011: 83-88.
- Mueller B, Billett AL. Regulating Patient Safety in Cancer Treatment. In: Pizzo PA & Poplak DF, eds. Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology, 6th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA 2011: 508-516.