Nikolay V. Vasilyev, MD
|Hospital Title||Staff Scientist|
|Academic Title||Instructor in Surgery|
|Nikolay V. Vasilyev|
300 Longwood Avenue
Nikolay V. Vasilyev's research interests include development of image-guided beating-heart intracardiac interventions. In particular, his research is focused on instruments and device design for valve interventions and septal defects closure, new imaging techniques, computer modeling and simulation. In addition, Dr. Vasilyev has been working on developing of novel concepts for atrio-ventricular valve annuloplasty.
About Nikolay V. Vasilyev, MD
Dr. Vasilyev graduated from Moscow Medical Academy. He completed residency in cardiovascular surgery and fellowship in pediatric cardiovascular surgery at A.N. Bakoulev Center for Cardiovascular Surgery in Moscow. Dr. Vasilyev completed his research fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic.
- Vasilyev NV, Dupont PE, Del Nido PJ. Robotics and imaging in congenital heart surgery. Future Cardiol. 2012 Mar;8(2):285-96.
- Vasilyev NV, Kawata M, DiBiasio CM, Durand KV, Hopkins J, Traina ZJ, Slocum AH, del Nido PJ. A novel cardioport for beating-heart, image-guided intracardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Dec;142(6):1545-51.
- Ren H, Vasilyev NV, Dupont PE. Detection of Curved Robots using 3D Ultrasound. Rep U S. 2011 Sep 25;2011:2083-2089.
- Perrin DP, Vasilyev NV, Novotny P, Stoll J, Howe RD, Dupont PE, Salgo IS, del Nido PJ. Image Guided Surgical Interventions. Curr Probl Surg. 2009 Sep;46(9):730-66.
- Vasilyev NV, Novotny PM, Martinez JF, Loyola H, Salgo IS, Howe RD, del Nido PJ. Stereoscopic Vision Display Technology in Real-Time Three-Dimensional Echocardiography-Guided Intracardiac Beating-Heart Surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008 Jun;135(6):1334-41.
- Hoch M, Vasilyev N, Soriano B, Gauvreau K, Marx GR. Variables Influencing the Accuracy of Right Ventricular Volume Assessment by Real-time 3-Dimensional Echocardiography: An In Vitro Validation Study. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2007 May;20(5):456-461.
- Vasilyev NV, Martinez JF, Freudenthal FP, Suematsu Y, Marx GR, del Nido PJ. Three-Dimensional Echo and Videocardioscopy-Guided Atrial Septal Defect Closure. Ann Thorac Surg; 2006 Oct;82(4):1322-6.